Sunday, July 17, 2011

Random Thoughts on Control Bars

I have been working on the control bars for more than 6 months or so. So far, i have been analyzing, re-analyzing etc etc. and have worked on trading strategies aligned with the control bars and other various aspects of it. So far, it has remained purely my work which i have not shared with anyone nor have i felt the need to see if anyone else has worked on it.

It is only for the last 2 weeks or so that i have put it open into the public forum. To be honest, the response has been much bigger than i had anticipated. My blog used to get about 20 visits per article but it has now been getting more than 300 visits per day over the last few days. They say that with great power comes great responsibility as well.

Putting this into the public forum has given me a lot of power to take this, discuss and teach a lot of people. But i also have the responsibility to ensure that i give out the right information only. Till the time when the control bars were analysed only by me, i wasnt answerable to anyone. I could analyse, trade, make mistakes, commit errors etc and still get away with it. But now that i have thrown it open to the public, i need to be more careful in what i say and how i say it.

The first few posts may not have had a great cohesion for a lot of people and i can see that many are yet to grasp the basics. This is my problem as i just put up all the stuff which i had gathered in my mind without trying to either categorize or structure my thoughts.

Now that there are so many people looking into this, i will ensure that i post things in a more structured manner. I am not one of the so-called analyst who comes into twitter/blogging etc. with a specific agenda in mind. I am a trader and what i have posted so far as just what i see/do on a daily basis. This is the reason for the lack of structure so far.

Anyway, from today, i will try and start explaining things in a better manner. Lets start with the 1H charts as the PA in those charts are slow enough for me to explain things. Control bars work on 5M and 15M as well but the PA is sometimes so that i dont have the time to explain things as it happens.

I will post more charts/examples as we move along.